Monday, June 8, 2009

Update

Hello all!

It is I, Tim

Just a quick update on the potatoes and the worms.  I just added the next tire to my stack yesterday and it looks like everything is going really well.  The plants must be 16" or 18" tall now.  The taters are growing great and yet the tomatoes are growing poorly.  Hopefully we'll get some warmer weather here eventually and they will catch up a little bit.  We also have some strawberries that are just starting to ripen up.  It will be nice to get some fresh food to eat from our own backyard.

The worms also turned out pretty well.  A week or two ago I finally got around to separating the worms from the castings.  I ended up with a little less than half a 18 gallon bin full of castings.  If my estimation is correct, it is about 25 Lbs or so.  According to a website, that's about $30 worth of castings.  I didn't think I would end up with nearly that much after only 6 or 8 months.

Well, that's all for now.  I will write again shortly.



No comments: