Sunday, September 21, 2008

Going Wild at the Weidner Center!

A while back I "splurged" and bought 2 tickets to a show at the local performing arts center in Green Bay  (Weidner Center).  I did this without consulting Tim, which is something neither of us do.  The tickets were $45 a piece and I wanted to surprise Tim with the show that I decided to go to.  Well, I had the hardest time keeping the secret, even only 4 hours into it!  I couldn't stand it, so I played the guessing game with Tim and made him narrow it down for himself.  He figured it out eventually since this is an unlikely thing to see at a performing arts center.  Well, if you've seen the picture below, you've probably already figured it out.  We went to see Jack Hanna!!!  

I'm sure that I've been watching his show since a young kid and being that both Tim and I love nature and animals, what a perfect show!  Well, it was great!  Prior to the show we briefly 
met Jack, which was not something we expected.  In the picture Jack and Tim and talking and I'm trying hard to look good for the camera.  Haha!   Our seats were in the 5th row, so we had a great view.   Jack's show was entertaining as well as a learning experience.  Of course there were lots of parents with their kids, but I don't think the kids could have gotten nearly as much out of the show as an adult. Not to mention....$45 for a 3 year old to sit and eat cherrios and fuss the whole time except for when there was an animal on stage?!  Dang! Between showing some very cool animals including two-toed sloth, albino wallaby, python and cheetah, Jack showed his favorite clips from some of his shows, talked about wildlife conservation, and showed a video of him with his wife and 2 daughters coming upon a family of mountain gorillas (very endangered).    He also showed a blooper reel, including an episode with David Letterman where Jack was milking a goat and squirted the milk all over Letterman's pants.  It was a good show, and worth the$45 per ticket splurge!  Jack has two shows on TV, Jack Hanna's Animal Adventure's and Jack Hanna's Into the Wild....shows that are meant for educating kids, but is equally as good for adults!   -L

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not sure if you knew, but I'm from Columbus, OH and Jack Hanna has been the director there for most of my life. I think he is director emeritas now. When we were in grade school we had an overnight trip to the zoo and met Jack Hanna. 3rd grade I think. We also got in trouble because we made one of the giant silverback gorillas upset because we were acting like 3rd graders after they told us not to.
If you are ever in the area and into zoos, the Columbus Zoo is awesome. Seriously, one of the best in the country.
Chris D.