Sunday, November 2, 2008

Fall On Your Knees


I'm not exactly sure how to describe the feeling, but it is always heartwarming to finish a good book.   I just finished reading a well written story called "Fall On Your Knees" by Ann-Marie MacDonald.  This is the book that I started on our Minnesota trip and wanted to finish it during that trip too...that obviously didn't happen since it's two weeks later. :)   The book was wonderful, in my opinion.  The author developed characters that were engaging and real.  The story has many twists and turns, all within 5 generations of one family.  All the way to the end, secrets are revealed and as the reader, I felt more and more involved.  This isn't the kind of book you can read a little of here and there.  You have to sit down, and read large chunks at a time, it reads like an epic novel.   If you are interested in reading stories about the human condition, family ties, and tragedy, I would highly recommend this one.  It is 500+ pages of small text, so be ready for a commitment to it!  

1 comment:

Jen Smith said...

Have you read Pillars of the Earth yet? It is similar to this type of novel...