Saturday, December 27, 2008

Snowshoeing

Today we went snowshoeing at the Ledgeview Nature Center in Chilton.  It was a nice day for it.  The sun wasn't out, but it was warm and not snowing or raining.  We went to the Ledgeview Nature Center this past summer for an annual event they have called the Fall Harvest Fest.  We decided to go back since we saw on their website that they have snowshoeing.  We enjoyed our time!  We were out there for about 1 hour and it was fun!  Toward the end I was getting pretty tired, realizing that we were going mostly uphill was mentally defeating!  I'm looking forward to getting out on the snowshoes again.  We got our WI state park pass for Christmas from my Mom and Dad like I asked, so we hope to get to a park where we go snowshowing, and attempt to bring the dogs with us. Snowshoeing is fun!  I've lived in Wisconsin my whole life and have always complained about the winter.  I figured I'd better find a reason to enjoy winter, and I think snowshoeing is it! -L

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really, It is great time for snowshoeing... It is great fun!!